How many more reasons do you need?
If you want your next summer vacation buzzing with activity, reserve your Outer Banks stay today! A summer vacation on the Outer Banks is a wonderful opportunity for family and friends to get together, reminisce, and create lasting memories. From well-known OBX attractions and beautiful beaches, to family-friendly entertainment and community events, the Outer Banks is sure to provide everyone in the family an enjoyable vacation! See our TOP 10 REASONS to spend your summer on the Outer Banks.
Sun's Top 10
1. This 200-mile stretch of barrier islands is home to some of the most spectacular beaches in the world. Formed by centuries of wind, water, and sand, the Outer Banks is rich with history and adventure!
2. Bring your family reunion to the Outer Banks! Sun Realty offers homes large enough to accommodate an entire family reunion, or we can help you reserve several homes in the same area. Create a tradition for the family; create a tradition for a lifetime.
3. The Outer Banks hosts several events in the summer including live musical performances, kite festivals, art shows, and sporting events. Make sure to get out and about to see what's going on!
4. The Outer Banks offers something for all shopping enthusiasts. Unique speciality shops and boutiques are located in almost every town, along with the traditional beach stores for all your beach gear needs. Vactioners seeking to indulge in a little retail therapy will find everything from homemade beach-inspired souvenir shops to budget-friendly outlet shopping and popular surf shop threads.
5. The Lost Colony, the longest running outdoor historic drama in the United States, tells the epic story of America's first English colony Monday through Saturday in the summer.
6. Great winds and the best waves on the East Coast create perfect conditions for all watersports enthusiasts.
7. Experience nature like never before! During the summer nights, sea turtles can be seen laying—or hatching from—eggs. Dolphin watching is also a favorite summer time activity.
8. This is the time of year to book your off-shore fishing charter. Catch "the big one" while vacationing on the Outer Banks!
9. Climb to the top of one of the Outer Bank's historic lighthouses and enjoy an aerial view like no other!
10. Outer Banks restaurants showcase award-winning chefs! Many restaurants are locally-owned and family-operated, featuring the freshest local ingredients available.
Featured Summer Vacation Rentals
5 Beds, 3 ½ Baths
3 Beds, 1 ½ Baths
South Nags Head
2 Beds, 2 Baths
4 Beds, 3 Baths
9 Beds, 10 & 3 ½ Baths
6 Beds, 5 & 2 ½ Baths