Join a Great Team!
Our mission is to provide the best possible Outer Banks experience for our homeowners, guests, customers, and clients. Fun-filled vacations, smart real estate investments, rental home income, property care, and personal service are what we provide. Sun Realty employs some of the most responsive sales, service, and support staff on the Outer Banks. We need other talented, career-minded individuals who share our customer focus and are interested in exploring opportunities for a rewarding career.
Sun Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap. For more information on current positions, please contact our Human Resources Department at (252) 441-4402 ext. 3242; or by fax at (252) 449-4111. You may also email your resume for any of the following positions to Sue Head.
Sun Realty Career Opportunities
We are accepting applications for future employment in all departments. Applications are retained for one year from receipt.
HVAC Supervisor | Air Handlers OBX
Air Handlers OBX (AHOBX) is seeking an experienced, NC licensed HVAC Supervisor. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS INCLUDE:
• Plan, assign, inspect and supervise maintenance, and repair activities related to AHOBX; maintain records and files; prepare reports.
• Perform inspections, maintenance and repair related to AHOBX
• Assign and distribute work orders and work requests.
• Attend and participate in meetings regarding work to be done; attend training classes.
• Check and troubleshoot equipment and controls in all AHOBX, Sun Services and Sun Realty locations and client-owner’s homes as necessary
• Review all work orders before and after completion.
• Order and pick up parts for jobs to keep mechanics on the job.
• Inspect contracted work as needed.
• Coordinate work with other shops as needed.
• Assist in budget planning and preparation.
• Cooperate with warehouse to determine which parts should be ordered for stock.
• Determine time and cost estimates for HVAC jobs.
• Serve as subject matter expert, providing technical assistance to mechanics when needed.
• Manage all HVAC Technicians and HVAC staff with oversight and responsibilities in staff development, including interviews, coaching, and teaching to ensure that proper procedure is followed. Leads, develops, and trains staff to meet established goals.
• Supports the company’s vacation rental homes and office locations in day to day operational issues to ensure that homes’ and offices’ needs are met and Sun Realty’s standards are upheld.
• Reports adverse problems such as employee problems, financial liability, and asset conditions that may place company operations in jeopardy to appropriate senior managers and company President.
• Manages sub-contractors.
• Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase home owners’ and vacationers’ satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Confronts issues openly and quickly, and resolves home owners’ and vacationers’ complaints/dissatisfaction.
• Maintain training requirements for all HVAC technicians
• Graduation from high school and extensive experience in refrigeration and air handling including some supervisory experience. Active H3I and/or H3II NC license. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
• High school diploma or equivalent and five years (?) leading an HVAC team and operation at within the vacation rental and/or hospitality industry OR equivalent experience.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background and criminal record check with favorable results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate with home owners, guests, vendors, and co-workers in a friendly and businesslike manner
• Ability to use basic computer software.
• Ability to organize multiple tasks at different locations.
• Ability to travel to multiples locations on short notice.
• Ability to work in disagreeable conditions, both outside and inside, for extended periods of time and to lift weights of over 50 lbs. regularly
• Skill in using common and specialized tools to efficiently make repairs and perform maintenance duties
• Good organizational skills
Work hours (days/rotating schedule) – 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Must be available to work weekend, holidays, and on-call schedule as needed
All qualified, local candidates' job applications will be considered. We are an Equal Employment Employer without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. This is a great position for someone who enjoys a challenge and seeking an opportunity with a successful company. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
Please CLICK HERE to apply.
Maintenance Coordinator | Corolla
Sun Realty’s Maintenance Coordinator will provide Sun Realty’s home owners and guests with the highest level of satisfaction, ensuring continuous delivery of excellence in property management, hospitality and professionalism and effectively build long-lasting relationships with home owners and returning guests. This position will be primarily responsible for coordinating and following up with homeowners and vendors to ensure all maintenance needs are promptly and effectively resolved for vacationing guests, and for working directly with homeowners in proactively maintaining or improving the condition of their rental homes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word and Outlook required.
• Excellent customer service skills; 1-2 years’ previous customer service experience required
• Property Plus software experience preferred
• Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to change
• Well adept at conflict resolution
• Effective listening skills
• Proficient communicator both oral and in writing
• Capable of maintaining sensitive and confidential information
• Recognize emergency situations and take appropriate action
• Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship
• Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes
• Not physical labor but must be able to lift up to 25 pounds for paper storage.
• Local Outer Banks resident
Please CLICK HERE to apply.
All qualified, local candidates' job applications will be considered. Relocation is not available. We are an Equal Employment Employer without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. This is a great position for someone who enjoys a challenge and seeking an opportunity with a successful company. Sun Realty has been a leader in vacation rental properties for over 35 years. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.