Livin' it up on Duck's gorgeous beaches...
The beautiful, protected beaches of Duck NC are maintained and respected by vacationers and locals alike. The pristine coastal landscape is the perfect backdrop for your Outer Banks vacation.
As a matter of fact, the Travel Channel has named Duck, North Carolina as one of the "Top 15 Family-Friendly Beaches in North America." Vast streches of white sand, rolling waves, and sunny days await you and your family!
Please note that there are no public beach accesses in Duck, North Carolina. There are numerous private neighborhood beach access locations and wooden walk-overs for town residents, renters and their guests only. This policy allows for less crowded beaches and a peaceful beach experience. Contact the Duck rental office if you have questions about your vacation rental's access to the beach.
Duck NC Beach Safety:
- Read Sun Realty's complete list of Beach & Ocean Safety Guidelines before your Duck NC vacation. The most important rules are to use common sense and always keep a close eye on your kids.
- Duck's Leash Law requires that leashes not exceed 10 feet in length. Pets are allowed to play unleashed on the beach under close supervision of owner.
- Dispose of all trash in proper receptacles, including pet waste.
- Fireworks, beach fires, and bonfires are not permitted on the beaches in Duck, NC.
- Vehicles are NOT permitted on our beaches between May 1 and September 30. Vehicles are permitted during the other months of the year using designated Private vehicular access points. There are no public access points for vehicles within the Town of Duck.
- Do not enter the water when Red Flags are flying.
- Always use designated dune walkovers - never walk or play on the dunes.
- The landing and launching of personal watercraft is prohibited in Duck, NC.
- Retrieve all personal items daily, including tents, chairs, umbrellas, etc.by 7:00 p.m. or they may be removed as litter.
- Tents can only by 12′ x 12′ or smaller, must be placed 10′ apart or more, and cannot be tied together.
- Attend to and refill all beach holes.
- Place all beach items at least 15 feet away from the base of the dune to allow for emergency access.
- Report stranded sea life or sea turtle nests to the lifeguards.
Duck NC Lifeguard Locations: Lifeguards are on duty from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. between May 1 and October 31. Lifeguards also patrol Duck beaches on ATVs. Please note that this information is subject to change without notice.
From May 30th - September 7th
- Springtail Drive
- Barrier Island Station
- Schooner Ridge Drive
- Four Seasons Drive
From June 29th - August 14th
- Scarborough Lane
- Plover Drive
Search Sun Realty's wide selection of Duck NC vacation rentals to find the perfect home for your next Outer Banks vacation!