Just south of Corolla, the town of Duck was named for its abundance of waterfowl, which both migrate through and call the area home. Ducks, geese, saltwater shorebirds, pelicans and herons are just a few of the locals that inhabit the small town; while walking and biking trails abound, encouraging guests to take advantage of the many wildlife viewing opportunities. Duck is also a very pet-friendly community, so be sure to bring your leashed pets out for a scroll or dip in the ocean or sound as well!
The Town Park and the 0.62-mile boardwalk further encourage locals and visitors to get out and enjoy beautiful sunsets, art, music, shopping, water sports, dining, group exercise and various town-sponsored events. During the summer and fall seasons, Duck hosts a series of local events that draw in visitors year after year; from the annual 4th of July parade to the Duck Jazz Festival, there is always something to see or take part in while vacationing in this coastal community.
In addition to the town's draw, the beaches of Duck are the most pet-friendly along the Outer Banks and are private to only those staying in the town; and with its proximity to Corolla and Kitty Hawk, day trips to different areas on the Outer Banks are easily accessible from your Duck rental home.
Please be aware of the following ordinances from the Town of Duck regarding beach and dune protection and tents/cabanas on the beach:
- Tent/chair, etc. setups may not occur before 8 am;
- Tent/chair, etc. setups must be removed daily from the beach by 5 pm if unattended;
- Removal from the beach does not mean laying them in or on the dune, under or beside beach stairs, etc. They must be removed entirely from the beach and dune system;
- Tent/chair, etc. setups must allow for a 15’ travel lane at the base of the dune for emergency access;
- Tents may not be any larger than 12'x12' or any taller than 9 feet;
- Tents and/or sunshades may not be tied together nor may they be spaced any closer than 10 feet from each other;
- Leaving unattended items on the beach between 5pm and 8am could subject you to the loss of your equipment as well as a civil penalty. These items may include, but shall not be limited to, volleyball, badminton and tennis nets, poles, tents, chairs, cabanas, sunshades, horseshoe stakes, croquet courses, umbrellas or any other personal property items.
Sun Realty is proud to represent vacation homes in the town of Duck and the properties offered by Sun Realty range in size from comfortable condominiums to elaborate, seven and eight-bedroom rentals in this area. We also offer the largest inventory of pet-friendly accommodations and can easily house both you and your pet for your OBX vacation.
Featured Duck, NC Rentals:
5 Beds, 3 ½ Baths
3 Beds, 2 Baths
Semi sound front
7 Beds, 6 ½ Baths
3 Beds, 2 ½ Baths
5 Beds, 2 Baths
4 Beds, 4 Baths