Fall in the Outer Banks
Outer Banks locals and long-time visitors know that the real fun begins AFTER Labor Day! Empty-nesters, couples, fishermen and water sports enthusiasts head to the coast to take advantage of the low weekly rates on Fall Outer Banks rentals. Here are Sun Realty's Top 10 reasons to visit the Outer Banks during this gorgeous season:
1. The weather is still warm on the Outer Banks! The average temperature in September is in the low 80s! In October and November, temperatures average in the 60s-70s. Spend time relaxing on the beach or head to famous OBX attractions such as the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse or Jockey's Ridge.
2. Low, low rates on Outer Banks rentals during the Fall! For instance, a vacation home that rents for $3,000 in peak season is as low as $1,000 in autumn! You can even find small homes and condos that rent for under $600 a week!
3. Long weekends & flexible stays! Plan a romantic getaway, a fishing trip or even a birdwatching vacation. It's amazing how much fun you can pack into a few days! Many of our homes and condos allow 3-5 night Mini Vacations. We also offer Freestyle Flex Vacations with no minimum stays and check-in any day of the week! Call us at 1-888-853-7770 to make plans.
4. Relaxing, long walks on our pristine beaches sometimes result in treasures such as unbroken shells, colorful sea glass and maybe even a piece of a real OBX shipwreck! Be sure to comb the beach early in the morning or after storms. These are the best times to make a discovery.
5. Reel 'em in! Both experts and newbies eagerly await the awesome Outer Banks fishing during the fall months. Fall fishing on the Outer Banks is known as some of the best on the east coast. Go for pier fishing, surf fishing, sound fishing or charter fishing - it's all good!
6. The crowds are gone and the Outer Banks is yours! There's nothing better than dining at your favorite Outer Banks restaurant with no wait or finding your own secluded spot on the beach! After a fun-filled day, head to your bubbling hot tub or relax by the fireplace.
7. Post-Summer sales! Fall Outer Banks shopping offers some fantastic deals! From Corolla to Hatteras Island, you'll find unique boutiques, surf shops and art galleries. We even offer an Outlet Mall and a TJ Maxx.
8. Golf, anyone? Enjoy reasonably-priced rounds at our Outer Banks golf courses. No need to sweat and be miserable on the course - the gorgeous autumn weather and cool sea breeze will keep you comfortable.
9. OBX adventures! Shallow sound water is ideal for fall kiteboarding and windsurfing. Storms far offshore bring perfect waves for surfing, and kayaking is an ideal way to experience the natural beauty of the OBX.
10. Make your friends jealous! There's no better way to beat the "back to school blues" than a trip to the beach! While other people are raking leaves, you can be relaxing on the beautiful Outer Banks! Stay for a week or just a weekend - you're sure to come home feeling rejuvenated.