There's more to the Outer Banks than our beautiful beaches!
Get the family together for an afternoon of terrific memories. Try a game of putt-putt, a leisurely bike ride on a multi-use path, a whirl or two in a go-kart or reel in the catch of the day! Laugh, play and make lasting family memories on your next OBX vacation.
Coastal Helicopters and OBX Biplanes offer amazing air tours over the beautiful Outer Banks. See lighthouses, shipwrecks, the Wright Brothers First Flight Monument, dolphins, sea turtles and much more from the air.
Check out our ultra smooth Robinson R44 helicopter which seats up to three passengers in air-conditioned comfort with every seat having a spectacular view!
If you want to relive the romance and adventure of the Golden Age of Aviation, strap on your flying helmet and share the fantastic experience of flying with us in our two passenger, open cockpit WACO biplane!
Come on out to the Dare County Airport in Manteo right next to the NC Aquarium – relax on our back porch rockers or in our air conditioned lobby and watch your friends and family fly!
COROLLA OUTBACK ADVENTURES……………………Est. 1962
WILD HORSES * HISTORY * FOLKLORE
Corolla's first guide service began taking folks on tours from Kill Devil Hills to the remote beaches North of Corolla before a hard surface road existed North of Duck (and phone numbers had 4 digits.) 50 years later today's OUTBACK tour uses the same off road path on this unique 2 hour trip North, along the shoreline, toward the Virginia state line. Along the way, stumps mysteriously rising from the sand, suggest the earlier existence of an ancient maritime forest. Wildlife abounds and Corolla's famous wild horses are often seen running freely along the beach or playing in the surf.
Corolla Outback Adventures is privileged with exclusive access into the Wild Horse Habitat, on land their family donated as a secluded sanctuary for their retreat and shelter.
Several vehicle types are available for your convenience and seasonal comfort, groups are welcomed. Transportation arranged to and from the 4-wheel area for all types of events. Wedding parties are a specialty.
Visit their website at www.corollaoutback.com.
Roanoke Island Outfitters offers kayak tours, kayak rentals with free delivery, spear fishing equipment and instruction, a full service scuba shop and scuba diving equipment, scuba and snorkel classes, along with bike rentals and repairs. Located in Manteo on Roanoke Island, Roanoke Island Outfitters specializes in all of your outdoor needs and caters to your adventurous side. Take a guided tour along the Outer Banks, or rent equipment for your stay! Whatever you may be looking for in your vacation this year, Roanoke Island Outfitters has what you need! For more information, visit Roanoke Island Outfitters or call 252-473-1356.
Fishing Trips - The Outer Banks is nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Roanoke and Albemarle Sound (called Bay in other areas) so there's no shortage of water and definitely no shortage of fish! Find out more about your fishing adventure on our Outer Banks Fishing Page.
- Avalon Fishing Pier & Family Fun Center - Kill Devil Hills, Beach Road. 252-441-7494.
- Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-0087
- Nags Head Bowling & Billiards Center - Nags Head, Bypass. 252-441-7077.
- Neptune's Grill & Arcade - Pirates Quay, milepost 11. 252-441-1071
- Colington Speedway - 1064 Colington Road, Kill Devil Hills. 252-480-9144
- Corolla Raceway - Corolla, Timbuck II. 252-453-9100
- Frisco Mini-Golf & Go-Karts - Frisco, 252-995-6325
- Nags Head Raceway - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-4639
- Speed 'N' Spray - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-2877
- Waterfall Park - Rodanthe, 252-987-2213
- Frisco Mini Golf & Go Karts - Hwy 12, Frisco - 252-995-6325
- Galaxy Golf - 2914 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head - 252-441-5875
- Jurassic Putt - 6926 S Croatan Hwy, Nags Head - 252-441-6841
- Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf - MP 16, Nags Head - 252-480-6606
- Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf - 1600 N Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, 252-480-0142.
- Waterfall Park - Rodanthe, 252-987-2213
- Wet 'N' Wild Bumper Boats - Nags Head, Beach Rd. 252-441-0264
- Outer Banks YMCA - Nags Head, Bypass 252-449-8897.
- Beach Bowling Center - Nags Head, Bypass 252-441-7077.
- Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge - Hwy 12, Hatteras Island - 252-987-2394.
- Outer Banks Epicurean - Downtown Manteo - 252-305-0952 -
- Barrier Island Fitness Center - milepost 1 behind Wal-mart in Kitty Hawk - 252-261-0100.
- Home Bodies Personal Training - milepost 10.25, Nags Head - 252-216-6200
- Nautics Hall Health & Fitness Complex - Manteo - 252-473-1191
- OBX Adult Fitness Center - Southern Shores - 252-261-2321
- Outer Banks YMCA - milepost 11, Nags Head - 252-449-8897
- The Pine Island Racquet & Fitness Center - Hwy 12 Pine Island, north of Duck, 252-453-8525.
- Back Country Outfitters & Guides - Kitty Hawk - 252-453-0877
- Equine Adventures - Frisco, 252-995-4897
- Outer Banks Gearworks Laser Tag & Fun Center - Nags Head, 252-480-8512
- Island Revolution Surf Co. & Skatepark - Corolla Light, Corolla, 252-453-9484.
- Outer Banks YMCA Skate Park - Milepost 11, Nags Head. 252-449-8897.
- Life on a Sandbar & Hair Wraps- Corolla, Monteray Plaza 252-453-0809.
- Life on a Sandbar & Hair Wraps - Milepost 12.5, Nags Head. 252-449-9066.