There's more to the Outer Banks than our beautiful beaches!
Get the family together for an afternoon of terrific memories. Try a game of putt-putt, a leisurely bike ride on a multi-use path, a whirl or two in a go-kart or reel in the catch of the day! Laugh, play and make lasting family memories on your next OBX vacation.
Air Tours | Wild Horse Tours | Kayak Tours | Fishing Trips | Arcades
Miniture Golf | Water Fun | Bowling | Bird Watching | Cooking Classes
Horseback Riding | Laser Tag | Fitness Centers | Skate Parks | Go Karts | Hair Wraps
Coastal Helicopters and OBX Biplanes offer amazing air tours over the beautiful Outer Banks. See lighthouses, shipwrecks, the Wright Brothers First Flight Monument, dolphins, sea turtles and much more from the air.
Check out our ultra smooth Robinson R44 helicopter which seats up to three passengers in air-conditioned comfort with every seat having a spectacular view!
If you want to relive the romance and adventure of the Golden Age of Aviation, strap on your flying helmet and share the fantastic experience of flying with us in our two passenger, open cockpit WACO biplane!
Come on out to the Dare County Airport in Manteo right next to the NC Aquarium – relax on our back porch rockers or in our air conditioned lobby and watch your friends and family fly!
See our web sites at www.obxhelicopters.com and www.obxbiplanes.com for more information or call us at 252-475-HELI (4354) or 252-216-7777 for reservations.
Wild Horse Tours- self guided and professionally guided tours available. Wild Spanish Mustangs on Carova BeachCall and find the best fit for your family's 4x4 adventure!
- Beach Jeeps of Corolla -1210 Ocean Trail, Corolla Light Town Center, 252-453-6141.
- Bob's Wild Horse Tours - Inn at Corolla Light, 1066 Ocean Trail, 252-489-2020.
- Corolla Outback Adventures, Ltd. - Located next to the Corolla's Post Office at Wink's Shopping Center. 1150 Ocean Trail, 252-453-4484.
- Back Country Outfitters & Guides - Corolla Light Town Center, 1210 Ocean Trail, 252-453-0877.
- Wild Horse Safari - 1210 Ocean Trail, 252-453-0877.
Kayak Tours - Explore the OBX in a brand new way! The shallow waters of the sound are perfect for kayaking - novice or expert. Find out more about kayaking on our OBX Watersports Page.
Fishing Trips - The Outer Banks is nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Roanoke and Albemarle Sound (called Bay in other areas) so there's no shortage of water and definitely no shortage of fish! Find out more about your fishing adventure on our Outer Banks Fishing Page.
Arcades - What a fun activity on a rainy or super-hot day!
- Avalon Fishing Pier & Family Fun Center - Kill Devil Hills, Beach Road. 252-441-7494.
- Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-0087
- Nags Head Bowling & Billiards Center - Nags Head, Bypass. 252-441-7077.
- Neptune's Grill & Arcade - Pirates Quay, milepost 11. 252-441-1071Go Kart racing on the Outer Banks
Go-Karts - Grab the family and put the pedal to the metal!
- Colington Speedway - 1064 Colington Road, Kill Devil Hills. 252-480-9144
- Corolla Raceway - Corolla, Timbuck II. 252-453-9100
- Frisco Mini-Golf & Go-Karts - Frisco, 252-995-6325
- Nags Head Raceway - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-4639
- Speed 'N' Spray - Nags Head, Bypass 252-480-2877
- Waterfall Park - Rodanthe, 252-987-2213
Miniature Golf - You just can't go wrong with a few rounds of mini golf.
- Frisco Mini Golf & Go Karts - Hwy 12, Frisco - 252-995-6325
- Galaxy Golf - 2914 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head - 252-441-5875
- Jurassic Putt - 6926 S Croatan Hwy, Nags Head - 252-441-6841
- Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf - MP 16, Nags Head - 252-480-6606
- Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf - 1600 N Croatan Hwy, Kill Devil Hills, 252-480-0142.
Water Fun - Time to cool off! Take a break from the beach and enjoy a fun-filled day in a water park, indoor or outdoor pool or on bumper boats.
- Waterfall Park - Rodanthe, 252-987-2213
- Wet 'N' Wild Bumper Boats - Nags Head, Beach Rd. 252-441-0264
- Outer Banks YMCA - Nags Head, Bypass 252-449-8897.
Outer Banks family activitiesBowling - A little friendly competition never hurt anybody! Get the family together and spend the evening indoors.
- Beach Bowling Center - Nags Head, Bypass 252-441-7077.
Bird Watching - Over 400 species of birds have sited within the parks of the Outer Banks. Borrow a bird guide from your local library and see how many you can find!
- Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge - Hwy 12, Hatteras Island - 252-987-2394.
Cooking Classes - Learn a skill that will last a lifetime! Cooking is a wonderful family activity and bonding experience.
- Outer Banks Epicurean - Downtown Manteo - 252-305-0952 -
Fitness Centers - Many area gyms offer weekly and daily passes. Some have daycare and/or allow children and some even make house calls.
- Barrier Island Fitness Center - milepost 1 behind Wal-mart in Kitty Hawk - 252-261-0100.
- Home Bodies Personal Training - milepost 10.25, Nags Head - 252-216-6200
- Nautics Hall Health & Fitness Complex - Manteo - 252-473-1191
- OBX Adult Fitness Center - Southern Shores - 252-261-2321
- Outer Banks YMCA - milepost 11, Nags Head - 252-449-8897
- The Pine Island Racquet & Fitness Center - Hwy 12 Pine Island, north of Duck, 252-453-8525.
Skate parks on the Outer BanksHorseback Riding - Explore the Outer Banks like never before - on horseback!
- Back Country Outfitters & Guides - Kitty Hawk - 252-453-0877
- Equine Adventures - Frisco, 252-995-4897
Laser Tag - The latest thing on the OBX!
- Outer Banks Gearworks Laser Tag & Fun Center - Nags Head, 252-480-8512
Skate Parks -
- Island Revolution Surf Co. & Skatepark - Corolla Light, Corolla, 252-453-9484.
- Outer Banks YMCA Skate Park - Milepost 11, Nags Head. 252-449-8897.
Hair Wraps & Henna Tattoos -
- Life on a Sandbar & Hair Wraps- Corolla, Monteray Plaza 252-453-0809.
- Life on a Sandbar & Hair Wraps - Milepost 12.5, Nags Head. 252-449-9066.